U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) has been designated to lead the Cargo Hub because:
- It is the federal agency responsible for admissibility decisions regarding all international cargo;
- of CBP’s familiarity with, and access to, data pertaining to international maritime supply chain;
- of CBP’s use of analytical tools to identify and respond to threats within the supply chain;
- CBP operates the 24/7 National Targeting Center;
- CBP has a long history of establishing cooperative data sharing agreements with other agencies having requirements for collecting maritime supply chain data.
For more information about the Maritime Domain Awareness Cargo Hub please contanct us at email@example.com.